A great first impression comes with a sensational cover letter!
Before writing your cover letter, check out these tips:
- Decide the key points of the job you're experienced in.
- Ensure the job meets your checklist of must-haves – you don’t want to regret starting a new job, realising you’ve got the same issues as your last one.
- Confirm the name of the hirer – it’s much nicer to have a letter addressed to you than ‘To whom it may concern’.
- Read the job ad and job description (if supplied) thoroughly – there’s nothing worse for a hirer than reading an irrelevant application.,
- Jot down your key strengths and a draft of your application letter.