It can be exciting and nerve--racking all at the same time when preparing for an interview. Here's how to prepare.
The key is to be organised and as prepared as you can prior to turning up. Here are the top five must-dos before an interview.
- Ensure you've read the job description thoroughly – many HR teams and employers mention they sometimes meet people with only a vague idea of the role they’re interviewing for. Be prepared by knowing the ins and outs of the role, as they will ask you questions around this.
- Prepare questions to ask – they will ask if there’s anything more you’d like to know, so it’s always handy to have some questions up your sleeve. It makes you appear interested in the role and shows that you’ve prepared for the interview.
- Ensure you know why you'd like to work for the organisation – research the company to check if their values match your own. It’s always better to work for a cause you believe in.
- Prepare your interview outfit– having a tidy outfit suitable for the job you’re applying for helps you put your best foot forward and give a great first impression.
- Know the location of the interview and how you’re getting there – there’s nothing worse than rushing to your interview because you couldn’t get a park and appearing frazzled.